Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY: Cereal Bracelets

The kids and I did this craft a couple of weeks ago - it was my take on candy necklaces - the only differences were we made ours with elastic cord and fruit loops instead of string and hard candy.  It was fun for both kids - the three year old loved stringin' the loops and the one year old loved eatin' the loops.  Simple. Fun. Fast. Easy Clean Up.  That's my kind of craft! 

We used fruit loops - any cereal with wholes in the middle would work though!

Brayden: Concentration

Emma:  Enjoying all of mine and Brayden's hardwork.

All you need is a cereal of your choice (has to have the holes in the middle), elastic cord, and scissors for cutting.  Tie a knot through one cereal loop and begin stringing your bracelet (or necklace) to your desired length.  Tie up your two ends and Bam!  You have cereal jewelry!  It's supposed to rain here in the metro for the next few days, so now would be a perfect time to make sure you have everything you needed to get craftin'.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm going to anyways.  Children under the age of 3 should probably be supervised during this and any other kid craft or DIY kid project I post.  There's your warning!  I don't cut my kids loose with scissors and glue and neither should you!

Do you have a DIY craft or project you do with your kiddos?  I'd love to hear about it!  Send an email to tiarasandtantrums2012@yahoo.com and you could be featured in a DIY post!  And don't forget to check out my Facebook Fan Page by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment