Saturday, March 10, 2012

In case you missed me....

Long story short, our Internet has been out/spotty since late Monday night.  We've My husband has been on and off the phone with our provider since Wednesday morning.  As of Friday afternoon, it still wasn't fixed.  He ended up unplugging and plugging the router back in and it magically started working again.  So, in all honesty there's no telling how long we were really out of commission.  If we he would have tried that Tuesday night, it might have worked and we wouldn't have lost touch with whats going on in the world.  You know, things like brooms standing in the center of rooms by themselves?

I didn't realize how much I would miss the Internet, until it was gone.  Even my phone was playing stupid and not letting me do a little Facebook stalking scroll thru.  I couldn't Pin.  I couldn't blog.  I couldn't read my favorite blogs.  It pretty much sucked - so here's a recap of what I would have liked to have said earlier in the week.

Tuesday was another day and another dollar.  I made the mistake of drinking about 48 ounces of water right before I left work.  The wind was blowing like Wizard of Oz - tornado crazy and there was an accident on the two lane road I use to get home.  The only detour was a tiny gravel road, which on a normal day would probably see 3 cars - of course today it had probably 300 cars on it.  45 minutes into my detour, and still a good 45 minutes from my final destination - I was cursing that deliciously refreshing tap water that I had downed.  I had to go to the bathroom really bad.  It didn't help that every song on the radio had to do with water or bodies of water.  This play list did not help my situation:

Waterfalls - TLC
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
Some Beach - Blake Shelton

After the last song, I gave up and turned the CD player on.  Of course, what CD is in there?  Some kid CD and it was tuned to....Rain, Rain, Go Away - followed by The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  UGH.

In case you're wondering, I did end up making it to the bathroom - with no accidents - but barely. 

I've been dealing with a flat tire that keeps going flat for a couple of weeks now.  I drove Garry's "truck" to work Wednesday morning.  There are a couple of things to note about Garry's "truck":  The Check Engine light has been on for 3 years now, the door handle on the drivers side is completely broken off,  and occasionally (pretty much every time I drive it), the driver door will go all Christine on me and lock by itself and won't unlock.  This happened Wednesday morning.  I probably should have turned around and gone home at that point, but I made my escape from the killer truck my climbing over to the passenger side and going through the other door.

I came home with pizza from Little Caesars.  To thank me for my thoughtfulness, my hubby took my car to get not 1 - but 4 new tires on it.  The kids and I had a dancey dance party while he was gone.  It was supposed to be a cleaning house party too - but it ended up being a 100% booty shaken' dancey dance party. 

It was another rough one at work.  You won't hear me say this often, but I do let the words slip out of my mouth:  This kind of work is above my pay grade.  I researched one issue for probably 4 hours - and I still couldn't find my answer.  Honestly, I had more contact with The Library of Congress, DFAS, the DOD, and the Federal Times than I care to talk about.  One word to describe my work day:  Annoying.

I lifted my spirits with a little retail therapy on my lunch break and after I left for the day.  I scoped out Hobby Lobby and picked up some things to craft the perfect centerpiece for sister-in-laws baby shower, headed to Payless Shoes to utilize my 50% off coupon:  two new pairs of shoes for me and two new pairs for each of the kids, and checked out the new grocery store that had opened.  I was definitely feeling better by the time I got home, however my baby girl was not.   Poor thing was a coughing and a tad whiny.  I'm not a psychic, but I could see a Doctor visit in our future. 

After the kiddos went to bed, I got my Crafty Cathe hat, plugged my glue gun in and got to craftin'.  Cute centerpieces, the bottles are brand new so can definitely be re-used and the flowers can be turned into hair clips once the party is over!  My hot glue gun can cure the blues on any given day.

Baby T's Centerpieces!

I had to call in sick to work on Friday - my princess was up most of the night with a fever and a cough, which almost always leads to ear infections, so we wanted to nip this in the bud quickly.  Sure enough, her ear was a little red, but it was nothing to serious.  We're on our second day of antibiotics so here's to my little girl getting better quickly!   I woke up with a sore foot Friday too - so bad I could hardly walk on it.  I either got used to the pain or it went away, because it seemed to be better by the evening.  I had two BIG glasses of frozen daiquiris so that could have something to do with it also.

I woke up with the same pain in my foot today that I had yesterday.  I don't run/exercise so I don't know what's causing it, but self diagnosis via WebMD is a bitch.  What the hell is Peripheral neuropathy and Metatarsalgia?  Seriously??!!

What the heck is going on?

I spent the evening watching Toy Story (for the third time today) with my babies.  Emma asked to go to bed about 6:45 so I tucked her in tight.  Brayden asked to stay up really, really late so I let him - because I'm a cool mom like that.  He declared he was "king of this castle" when I let him stay up until 8:30 watching Scooby Doo.  "Who's cool? I am". 

This was right before he pulled two marshmallows out of his pants and said "Surprise!"  I'm a lucky momma!
I hope every one's week was fantastic.  Here's hoping my Internet connection stays clear through Tuesday, where I will be introducing "Tasty Tuesday".  Tasty Tuesday is where I  share my favorite recipes from (occasionally) my own head but mostly from my mom and around the web.  I'm starting with one of my favorite crock pot recipes: Crock pot Lasagna!

I'm also re-welcoming The Rustic Pearl Boutique!  Because of my computer issues, I didn't get to share the page as often as I would have liked - so make sure you check em out!


  1. It sounds like you had a full week even without the internet. I had to go over a month without internet at home over the holidays. Instead I went to the local library to put up posts when I could. I sure missed my internet!! Hope your little one is feeling better soon!


  2. Definitely sounds like you managed to keep busy! Now I am wondering what the heck I am going to do without Internet when we move later this week. Hopefully I can get them in to hook it up at the new place within a few days. And I am not sure what kind of cell phone reception I will get down there with my current provider. Looks like I may have to rough it for a few days! lol

  3. Two daiquiris. Kid up till 8:30. Needing to pee while on a two lane highway. Self-diagnosis on WebMD. I laughed at all those things. What a week!!