Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two for One Special!

I obviously failed at writing everyday - in face I only made it 5 days.  With that said, tonight will be two posts in one to make up for yesterday!  Because I'm the boss here and I can make up my own rules and regulations here. 

House Hunting with Mr. B and Little Miss E


We had a birthday party to go to Sunday and both of my kids were driving me CRAZY.  I should learn by now - never tell them we're going anywhere.  If you do make the mistake of telling them we are going some place be prepared - they will undoubtedly ask you every 10 minutes - "Are we going yet?" " Is it time to go yet?" "Is there going to be cake there?"  "What are we going to do there?"  "Are we leaving now?"  "Mommy, are you angry?"  Yes, by now I should no better than to tell them we are going any place - it should be left to their surprise.

Back to the story:  My kids were driving me crazy and we still had about 45 minutes before we needed to leave.  There was a lot of yelling, room destructing, and my patience was running thin - very thin.  So, I chipperly asked "Who wants to go look for a new house?!"  Brayden eagerly agreed, and because Emma does everything he does, she was game as well.  So we loaded up the car and we went a house huntin'.  We drove over to Elementary School located in our town.  I showed Brayden some houses that we had looked at before we bought our current house.  His reaction? "Hmmmm....I'm sure kinda glad you didn't buy that one cause I don't like that car in front of that house."  I tried to explain that if we would have bought that particular house then the cars would be different, but he wasn't having it.  So we continued on our house hunt.  The bigger the house, the more excited he got.  He said things like "Ohhh...that one has a flag on the porch and we definitely need that one."  or "Ohhh....that one has kids playing in the driveway, can we have that one?" Or "Hmmm...that grass looks lawn mowed - daddy would like that one."  He even said "That one looks a little pricey for us, so its probably not gonna happen momma".  At the end of our trip, I explained to him that we would move someday, but our plan was to wait another 5 to 7 years. (He was ready to skip the birthday party and go pack up his room.)   He very calmly stated, "Well, 5 years works best for me."  Brayden Johnson: Keepin' it real since 2008. 

Big Girls Don't Cry....Nor do they stay in their big girl beds....

Damn my husband and his occasional efficiency.  I suggested on Saturday that we turn Emma's crib into a big girl bed.  20 minutes later he was finished with the conversion.  And four hours later, he was headed to work for the night and I was left to deal with the first night in the big girl bed by myself.  Like I said, damn my husband and his occasional efficiency.

Emma had taken no nap that day, so I put her in bed at 6:30.  My kids go to bed at 7 anyways, like clock work so this shouldn't have been a big deal.  I was probably in her room six or seven times in between 6:30 and 7.  In between 7 and 8,  both kids had their heads stuck out there doors and were talking to each other - one of the dangers of putting your kids who are 22 months of part in rooms that are right next to each other.  I probably said "If you two don't be quiet, lay down, and go to sleep - I'm going to call your daddy", at least a hundred times.  Brayden finally conked out about 8 - but Emma was still going strong.  From 8 to 10, I made multiple trips to her room, removing necklaces and dress up clothes from her body, taking books out of her bed, and re-tucking her in for the millionth time.  The last time I went into her room, (shortly after 10), I made a deal with her.  (Yep, I'm bargaining with an almost two year old.)  I told her she could pick one thing to take in her bed with her.  My hope was that she would pick a stuffed animal or doll - she put her little hand on her hip, strutted over to her closet and picked up her Mini Miche, strutted back to her bed, plopped herself down and snuggled with her purse....and went straight to sleep.   "I heard mommy exclaim as she walked out of sight...finally I've got peace and quiet for the night." 


Happy Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment